Plum Grove Reservoir Algonquin Road, south of Harper College
The 1.2 acre fenced in Dog Park is located at the Plum Grove Reservoir on Algonquin Road south of Harper College. The 2014 season will run January 2 through December 31. Call 847-991-0333 for additional information.
Residents:The Park District will be accepting early-bird or priority registrations for Dog Park 2014 passes beginning December 1. All registrations must be accompanied by documentation of current
vaccinations (rabies, DA2PP, bordetella, test for internal parasites) and village licenses. Fees are $45 for the first resident dog, and $10 for each additional dog up to a total of three dogs per household.
Non-residents: Registrations from non-residents will be accepted beginning January 2 pending availability. All registrations must be accompanied by documentation of current vaccinations (rabies, DA2PP, bordetella, test for internal parasites) and village licenses. Fees are $57 for the first non-resident dog, and $13 for each additional dog up to a total of three dogs per household.
Dawn to dusk daily. Closed Wednesday from 7:00 am to noon for maintenance.
Resident: $45 first dog, additional dogs $10 each
Non-Resident: $57 first dog, additional dogs $13 each
The Dog Park Registration Form is available as a download, or can be picked up at any of the Park District offices.
A maximum of 300 spots are available with a three dog maximum per household.
- The dog park is to be used only by dogs registered with the Palatine Park District.
- To be registered dogs must have current vaccinations (rabies, DA2PP, bordetella, test for internal parasites) with documentation. All dogs must also have a valid dog license with documentation from the Village or City corresponding to the dog owner's home address. Dogs must always wear appropriate registration and license tags.
- Registration is for the calendar year purchased. Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The dog owner agrees to assume the full risk of any injuries, damage, or loss connected with or associated with the use of the Dog Park.
- A handler age 16 or older must be present at all times and is solely responsible for the actions of their dog(s).
- Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the park. Handlers must have a leash at all times.
- Children must be at least 6 years of age and accompanied by a parent or guardian to enter the dog park.
- Aggressive dogs must be removed from the park immediately. Excessive barking is strongly discouraged.
- Dogs in heat (estrus) are not permitted in the park.
- Dogs under 4 months of age are not permitted in the park.
- Cooperation between handlers is expected and required.
- Handlers must immediately pick up after their dog(s) and fill all holes their dog digs.
- No food meant for human consumption, or meals for dogs are allowed. Dog handlers may give dog treats only to their dog.
- Handlers are limited to two dogs per visit.
- Infractions of any park rules may result in temporary or permanent revocation of a dog's registration and the privileges to use the park.