The Community Park Ice Rinks are officially open for skating! Recreational skating is a fun winter activity and our two outdoor ice rinks are free for residents to use while the weather permits. Before you head out, be sure to check Ice Rink Conditions on our website. You can easily access this page under the Parks tab or on the main page right-hand sidebar.
Palatine Park District would like to remind skaters to consider the following safety tips to help you, your friends, and family enjoy their time on the ice this season.
Think Before You Skate!
- Stay warm and dress appropriately for the season by wearing insulated winter clothing, including a hat, scarf, gloves, winter jacket, etc.
- Rest when you find yourself getting tired or too cold.
- Wear ice skates that fit comfortably and provide proper ankle support to keep you on your feet.
- Ease out onto the ice and practice basic skating skills, such as stopping and falling safely.
- Check the ice for cracks, holes, and other debris that may form from other skaters and outdoor winter elements.
- Stay hydrated.
- Don’t skate alone. It’s not safe and certainly not as fun.
Have a fun and safe New Year Holiday weekend!Back to Home