Located inside the Community Center
250 E. Wood Street • Palatine, IL 60067 • 847.496.6275
Fitness Center Amenities
- Cardio and strength equipment, free weights
- Balance, core, plyometric equipment
- Stretching, workout area
- Locker room with showers
- Annual and 6-month memberships – no enrollment fee
- Staff on duty during all open hours for orientations and equipment demonstrations
- 14-lap mile indoor track
- Membership includes open gym (Birchwood, Community, Falcon), Falcon open turf, Falcon walking track, Falcon pickleball discount
- Personal Training available for an additional fee
- Healthy Minds/Healthy Bodies – Veteran certified facility and staff
Fitness Center Hours
- Monday-Friday, 6:00am-10:00pm*
- Saturday, 7:00am-5:00pm*
- Sunday, 7:00am-3:00pm*
- Closed: May 29, July 4, September 4.
* Closing at 11:00am on July 1 and July 2 and at 4:30pm on July 3.
- Students rates apply to full-time students ages 14-24 years with a current school ID and/or driver’s license.
- Patrons under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult when purchasing a Fitness Center membership.
- Patrons 14-17 years are required to go through a Fitness Center orientation before using the facility. Patrons must be accompanied by an adult during the orientation.
- Discount for additional household members, restrictions apply.
Fitness Center Membership Rates
|Fitness Center Memberships|| Resident
|Student (14-24 years)||$75||$95||$130||$165|
|Individual (18-61 years)||$80||$100||$145||$180|
|Additional Household Member||$60||$75||$115||$145|
|Senior Individual (62 years+)||$75||$95||$130||$165|
|Additional Household Senior Member||$55||$70||$95||$120|
|Daily Fee (Resident/Non-Resident) $6|
|7 Day Pass: $10 Student/$25 Resident/$35 Non-Resident|
Fitness Center memberships can be purchased at the Community Center, 250 E. Wood Street, Birchwood Recreation Center, 435 W. Illinois Avenue, Falcon Park Recreation Center, 2195 N. Hicks Road during registration hours. Memberships can also be purchased at the Fitness Center desk.
Summer Student Pass – $30
Valid through August, 2016 (No proration)
For ages 14-24 years with a valid student ID and/or driver’s license. Passes can be purchased at the Community Center, Birchwood Recreation Center, and Falcon Park Recreation Center.
Refunds will be granted to pass holders with a written medical excuse from a doctor. The pass will be prorated from the date of request.
- Recumbant & Upright Bikes
- Sci-Fit Recumbant Elliptical and Ergonomic Trainers
- Stair Climbers
- Stair Steppers
- Touch Screen TV & Monitoring
- Leg Extension
- Seated Leg Press
- Leg Curl
- Low Back Extension/Abdominal Contraction
- Abductor/Adductor of Legs
- Chest Press
- Pec/Rear Delt Fly
- Lat Pulldown
- Lat Row
- Shoulder Press
- Bicep Curl
- Tricep Extension
- Smith Machine (plates up to 550 lbs.)
- Free Weight Dumbbells (3-75 lbs.)
- Curl Bars
- Functional Duo-Cable Training Machine
Fitness, Health & Wellness Coordinator
Palatine Park District
Fitness Consultations • Personal Training • Group Fitness ClassesPersonal Training