Located inside the Community Center
250 E. Wood Street • Palatine, IL 60067 • 847.496.6275
Fitness Center Hours
Monday-Friday • 6:00am-10:00pm
Saturday • 7:00am-5:00pm
Sunday • 7:00am-3:00pm
Closed: July 4, September 3
Closing at 11:00am: June 30, July 1
Closing at 6:00pm: July 3
Closing at 7:00pm: June 29, July 2
Fitness Center Amenities
- Cardio and strength equipment, free weights
- Balance, core, plyometric equipment
- Stretching, workout area
- Locker room with showers
- Annual and 6-month memberships – no enrollment fee
- Staff on duty during all open hours for orientations and equipment demonstrations
- 14-lap mile indoor track
- Membership includes open gym (Birchwood, Community, Falcon), Falcon open turf, Falcon walking track, Falcon pickleball discount
- Personal Training available for an additional fee
- Healthy Minds/Healthy Bodies – Veteran certified facility and staff
Community Center Track Rules
- Be courteous to others while using the track.
- Walkers must stay to the inside rail of the track.
- Joggers must stay to the outside of the track.
- No walking or jogging with more than two people side by side.
- Walking/jogging backwards is not allowed.
- Pass on the outside of the track, and announce when you are passing a group in front of you.
- Walkers should move to the inside of the track when being passed.
- Follow the daily direction of travel.
- No profanity or spitting.
Clockwise • Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays
Counter-Clockwise • Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, Sundays
Monday-Friday • 9:00am-12:00pm
Children on the Track
All children must be well-behaved and actively supervised by an adult at all times. Stroller use is only allowed during designated stroller hours as listed above. No jogging or running with strollers. Strollers must be single file to the inside of the track.
- Students rates apply to full-time students ages 14-24 years with a current school ID and/or driver’s license.
- Patrons under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult when purchasing a Fitness Center membership.
- Patrons 14-17 years are required to go through a Fitness Center orientation before using the facility. Patrons must be accompanied by an adult during the orientation.
- Discount for additional household members, restrictions apply.
Fitness Center Membership
Fitness Center Memberships can be purchased at the Fitness Center during regular hours at Community Center, as well as Birchwood Recreation Center and Falcon Park Recreation Center during open registration hours. A special registration form is required for Fitness Center Memberships.
|Fitness Center Memberships||Resident
|Student (14-24 years)||$75||$95||$130||$165|
|Individual (18-61 years)||$80||$100||$145||$180|
|Additional Household Member||$60||$75||$115||$145|
|Senior Individual (62 years+)||$75||$95||$130||$165|
|Additional Household Senior Member||$55||$70||$95||$120|
|Daily Fee (Resident/Non-Resident) $7|
|7 Day Pass: $10 Student/$25 Resident/$35 Non-Resident|
No refunds on Fitness Memberships will be given with the exception of a written medical excuse from a doctor. Refunds will be prorated from the date of request.
- Recumbant & Upright Bikes
- Sci-Fit Recumbant Elliptical and Ergonomic Trainers
- Stair Climbers
- Stair Steppers
- Touch Screen TV & Monitoring
- Leg Extension
- Seated Leg Press
- Leg Curl
- Low Back Extension/Abdominal Contraction
- Abductor/Adductor of Legs
- Chest Press
- Pec/Rear Delt Fly
- Lat Pulldown
- Lat Row
- Shoulder Press
- Bicep Curl
- Tricep Extension
- Smith Machine (plates up to 550 lbs.)
- Free Weight Dumbbells (3-75 lbs.)
- Curl Bars
- Functional Duo-Cable Training Machine
Superintendent of Recreation
Palatine Park District