Community Fitness Center Rules
When using the Community Fitness Center, users are expected to abide by the following rules:
- Fitness Center users must check in at the front desk and present a valid fitness center pass or pay the daily fee before using the facility.
- Fitness pass privileges may be suspended or revoked for disciplinary reasons or rule infractions.
- The Fitness Center is open to patrons age 14 and older with a valid fitness center pass. Nobody under the age of 14 will be allowed to use the Fitness Center.
- It is recommended that all Patrons go through a basic orientation for the use of the strength and cardio equipment. Patrons 14-17 years of age are required to go through a Fitness Center orientation before using the facility. Orientations are set up with the fitness center staff. Parent/Guardian must be present at time of orientation.
- Appropriate attire must be worn at all times. Shirts must cover the torso from mid-stomach to above the chest and contain no offensive wording or graphics. Athletic shoes must be worn at all times. Shorts must provide coverage from the waist to thigh.
- Food, beverage, and smoking are not allowed. Water or sports drinks in an approved container are the only exceptions to this rule.
- Cell phone use is prohibited while in the Fitness Center.
- The Palatine Park District provides wipes for patrons to clean equipment after they have completed their workout. Users must wipe equipment clean after each use.
- Radios are not allowed with the exception of those with personal headsets that do not require they be plugged into an outlet.
- Abuse of equipment, other patrons, and staff will not be tolerated; offenders may lose use of privileges with no refund. Profanity will not be tolerated.
- Do not drop weights or let the weight stack slam.
- Stretching and floor exercise are restricted to the area provided for these activities.
- Users must sign up to use cardio equipment during peak times. Peak times are:
Monday – Friday 6:00am-9:00am, 11:00am-1:00pm, and 4:00pm-7:30pm. There is a 30 minute limit on aerobic equipment.
- Be courteous to other participants – rotate equipment during peak times.
- No outside personal trainers are allowed to train members.
- The Palatine Park District is not responsible for lost or stolen items.