Palatine Park District has always put the safety and well-being of our community members at the highest priority. With that said, the District would like to reinforce what the Cook County Health Department, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) have published regarding Coronavirus.
Currently, the CDC is advising that schools, workplaces and community centers remain open and continue to share information to help protect everyone.
The following preventive steps have been published by the CDC:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, throw the tissue in the trash and then wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
In tandem with the CDC recommendations, the District will continue to increase our disinfection practices. We will continue to monitor the provided recommendations and share information as it becomes available.
If you would like more information about Coronavirus, please visit the CDC website or IDPH website.