The 1.2 acre fenced in Dog Park is located at the Plum Grove Reservoir on Algonquin Road adjacent to the southeast corner of Harper College. The 2016 season runs January 2 through December 31.
Dog Park Hours
- Dawn to dusk daily
- Closed Wednesday from 7:00am to noon for maintenance.
All registrations must be accompanied by documentation of current vaccinations (rabies, DA2PP, bordetella, test for internal parasites)and village licenses.
- Resident: $45 first dog, additional dogs $10 each (3 dog maximum per household)
- Non-Resident: $57 first dog, additional dogs $13 each (3 dog maximum per household)
Dog Park Rules
- The dog park is to be used only by dogs registered with the Palatine Park District.
- To be registered dogs must have current vaccinations (rabies, DA2PP, bordetella, test for internal parasites) with documentation. All dogs must also have a valid dog license with documentation from the Village or City corresponding to the dog owner’s home address. Dogs must always wear appropriate registration and license tags.
- Registration is for the calendar year purchased. Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The dog owner agrees to assume the full risk of any injuries, damage, or loss connected with or associated with the use of the Dog Park.
- A handler age 16 or older must be present at all times and is solely responsible for the actions of their
- Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the park. Handlers must have a leash at all times.
- Children must be at least 6 years of age and accompanied by a parent or guardian to enter the dog park.
- Aggressive dogs must be removed from the park immediately. Excessive barking is strongly discouraged.
- Dogs in heat (estrus) are not permitted in the park.
- Dogs under 4 months of age are not permitted in the park.
- Cooperation between handlers is expected and required.
- Handlers must immediately pick up after their dog(s) and fill all holes their dog digs.
- No food meant for human consumption, or meals for dogs are allowed. Dog handlers may give dog treats only to their dog.
- Handlers are limited to two dogs per visit.
- Infractions of any park rules may result in temporary or permanent revocation of a dog’s registration and the privileges to use the park.
South of Harper College