The Palatine Park Foundation was formed in October of 1994 to assist the Palatine Park District in its continuing commitments of service to the community. The foundation is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation. All donations that we receive are fully tax deductible as charitable contributions.
Since 1994 the Palatine Park Foundation has:
- Assisted with the acquisition of Towne Square site and other properties.
- Provided funds for youth that enabled them to participate in the Palatine Park District activities.
- Began a partnering process with the corporate community.
- Incorporated the foundation as a not-for-profit entity.
“We are here for the kids” said Carl E. Arthur, Park Foundation President. “We want to do what we can for all kids so they don’t miss out.”
Palatine Park Foundation Vision
- To contribute to the health and well-being of the Palatine Park District residents
- To provide program scholarship opportunities to residents with financial limitations.
- To assist in the funding of projects or events that provide physical accessibility to all.
- To preserve open space throughout the Palatine Park District.
Current Donation Opportunities
Open Space Preservation
When opportunities arise the foundation assists the Palatine Park District in preservation of Open Space. “Keeping it Green in Palatine” was the theme leading to the acquisition of the Towne Square site and led to the “Keeping it Green in Palatine” Park District theme for Open Space Preservation still today. Donors may contribute to this fund which helps guarantee green space for generations to come.
The Scholarship Fund is in place to assist Palatine Park District residents or groups who need assistance to participate in Palatine Park District activities. The Scholarship Fund provides financial assistance to Palatine Park District residents or groups in need. This fund has financially subsidized youth to participate in athletic, art, and academic programs (baseball, soccer, wrestling, dance, theater) and provided grants for performing arts attendance.
The Palatine Park Foundation Living Tribute Program enables you to commemorate a person or event in your life by donating a tree to be planted in one of Palatine Parks. These trees mark – the love of someone special, the birth of a child, an anniversary, the death of a loved one or an exceptional achievement. Donors may choose from a variety of trees, all require a donation to cover the tree, labor and a plaque. Trees available include: maple, oak, ash, honeylocust and ginkgo among other species.
Tax deductible contributions can be sent to: Palatine Park Foundation, 250 E. Wood Street, Palatine, IL, 60067.
If you have any questions regarding the Palatine Park Foundation Program call Carl Arthur at 847.910.2944 or email email@example.com.