Picnic shelter rentals include the use of the shelter, tables and grill. All shelters are located near open space that can be used for your picnic activities.
Effective 1/1/13, alcoholic beverages are only allowed with an approved Special Use Permit and requires proof of age, and a Certificate of Insurance meeting the Palatine Park District insurance requirements with Liquor Liability coverage. Insurance policies may be purchased online through the Tenant User Liability Insurance Program (TULIP) onebeaconentertainment.com, Venue ID GNTI-969.Outdoor Facility Permit Request Form
- Osage Park (maximum attendance 30)
- Robert “Dutch” Schultz Recreation Area (maximum attendance 100)
- Plum Grove Reservoir (maximum attendance 150)
- Margreth Riemer Reservoir (maximum attendance 100)
Shelters Available on a Limited Basis
- Community Park (maximum attendance 75)
- Birchwood Park (maximum attendance 30)
- Tom T. Hamilton Reservoir/Ron Gbur Sports Fields (maximum attendance 75)
Parks & Picnic Areas
- Residents may make reservations beginning January 2 of each year for rentals held between April and October.
- Non-resident Picnic requests are accepted beginning March 1 of each year.
- Category A – Resident/Non-profit/Individual $75
Government, non-profit organizations, and individuals located within the Park District boundaries
- Category B – Non-resident/Non-profit/Individual $100
Government, non-profit organizations, and individuals located outside the Park District boundaries
- Towne Square Permit requests for use between April and October can be reserved beginning January 2.
- Towne Square Permits can be issued in two hour time blocks.
- Category A – Resident (personal and not-for-profit) $100 for 2 hours
- Category B – Non-resident $125 for 2 hours
For more information on parks and shelter rentals, contact Facilities Coordinator Jason York at 847.496.6251 or email@example.com.