How We’re Playing It Safe
The health and safety of our guests is our highest priority at Palatine Park District. Learn more about our cleaning, service, and communication standards and the actions we’re taking on a routine basis to reduce risk of exposure and keep you safe at our facilities and in our programs. Please note that these practices are subject to change based on state guidelines and operations.
- High touch points, such as doorknobs, counters, railings, and switches are cleaned repeatedly throughout each day.
- Restroom facilities are cleaned every two hours during business hours.
- Common equipment such as tables/chairs, fitness equipment, riding gear, and golf carts are cleaned after each use. Participants are encouraged to bring their own equipment, such as basketballs and other sports gear.
- Designated areas of each facility have hand sanitizer readily available. Sanitizer is provided at the main entrances to encourage customers to use as needed when they arrive and depart the facility.
- We have also purchased foggers and electrostatic cleaning machines for use throughout our facilities.
- All staff conduct temperature checks upon arrival at work.
- Transparent sneeze guard shields are in place at all registration and customer service desks.
- Activity space and capacities are limited as directed by current state guidelines.
- Parental viewing of programs is prohibited to reduce gathering in hallways and congestion in activity spaces.
- Program Coordinators are present at the first class to assist instructors, registration, and facility staff as needed.
- Community groups and sports affiliates are required to submit an Indoor Use plan that confirms adherence to required guidelines and best practices.
- A social distance of at least 6 feet should be maintained between non-household individuals unless participating in activities permitted under current state guidelines.
- Each facility encourages social distancing by using posters, floor decals, and barriers to facilitate safe movement throughout the building.
- All customers over the age of 2 must wear a face coverings when visiting any Palatine Park District facility.
- Customers are encouraged to practice good hygiene and are asked to stay home when sick.
- Email communication is sent to registered households before the first class to remind users of current Restore Illinois safety precautions, including required mask wearing, parental viewing restrictions, and the availability of amenities within each facility.
- Electronic media and facility signage is updated regularly with facility hours, program restrictions, and other best practices to align with current state mitigations.
Frequently Asked Questions