Friday, August 19, 2022
All Palatine Park District facilities are operating under regular hours of business as scheduled at this time.
Inclement Weather Notification Procedure
The decision to close District facilities is made by the Executive Director and is not taken lightly as many factors influence that decision. The safety of our customers and staff is the most important element in the decision-making process.
Find out about weather delays or facility closings before leaving home or while on the go! Click on the activity, facility name or special announcement located below to view details regarding the current status of programs, events and facilities.
To receive weather cancellation or facility closure information by text, email or smartphone app, click on links below. Manage your text and/or email subscriptions by selecting the activity and facility categories, and establishing the length of time you want to receive notifications. Important: be sure to register for only the program or event notifications you are interested in!
In the event Community Consolidated School District 15, Township High School District 211, and/or Village of Palatine are closed, the determination to close Palatine Park District facilities may occur and notification will be posted in the following ways:
- Website • Visit palatineparks.org and look for a “District Alert” with the latest updates.
- Email • Facility closing notifications will be sent to our email subscribers. To receive an email notification, join our email list.
- Social Media • Facility closures will be posted on Palatine Park District Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages.
- Mobile App • Facility closings and program cancellations will be sent to Palatine Park District mobile app users. To receive messages, download the app from the App Store for iOS or Google Play for Android. Mobile app can also be accessed by visiting app.palatineparks.org.
When the Park District remains open during inclement weather, it is the decision of the individual (or parent/guardian of minors) to attend the scheduled activity. Refunds are not given unless the activity is canceled by Palatine Park District.
What About Activities Held at Non-Park District Facilities?
- District 15 – When Community Consolidated School District 15 closes, all Park District programs offered at District 15 locations are canceled.
- District 211 – When Township High School District 211 closes, Park District programs offered at District 211 locations may still run as scheduled. This decision will be determined by District 211. To find out if these programs will run, visit adc.d211.org for Emergency School Closing Information.
- Harper College – When Harper College closes, all Park District programs offered at Health and Recreation Center, or any other facility on campus, are canceled.