Updates Powered by:
Inclement Weather Notification Procedure
Weather related cancellations, closures, and field conditions will be listed on the RainOut Line. To receive this information by text, email, or app, click on the “Email & Text Alerts” link located on the left side of the page to subscribe. You can manage your text and/or email subscriptions by selecting categories and establishing the length of time you want to receive notifications. You may also access this information by calling 224-219-0007
Why Do We Close Fields?
For the safety of participants, coaches, and officials, as well as the facilities themselves, the Park District occasionally has to close fields, courts, and other facilities due to conditions caused by weather or other unexpected emergencies. Decisions made by the Park District in regards to facility and field closures are final.
Coaches, referees, officials, and organizations using our fields must practice good judgment and cancel practices and games when fields are closed and should exit fields when conditions deteriorate to a point where the safety of participants or damage to the field is likely.
Some examples of conditions requiring field closure include:
- Standing puddles of water on the field
- Ground is water logged and squishy
- A footstep leaves an impression in the turf
- Grass is easily dislodged from the ground
- Field is frozen
When the Park District remains open during inclement weather, it is the decision of the individual (or parent/guardian of minors) to attend the scheduled activity. Refunds are not given unless the activity is canceled by Palatine Park District.
What About Activities Held at Non-Park District Facilities?
- District 15 – When Community Consolidated School District 15 closes, all Park District programs offered at District 15 locations are canceled. Visit District 15 for Emergency School Closing Information
- District 211 – When Township High School District 211 closes, Park District programs offered at District 211 locations may still run as scheduled. This decision will be determined by District 211. To find out if these programs will run, visit District 211 for Emergency School Closing Information.
- Harper College – When Harper College closes, all Park District programs offered at Health and Recreation Center, or any other facility on campus, are canceled. Visit Harper College for Emergency Campus Closing Information