Palatine Trail is a bicycle, hiking, and nature trail which extends through the Palatine Park District. Combining paved trail with designated side streets, Palatine Trail provides access to schools, Harper College, neighborhood parks, Palatine Hills Golf Course, and several other northwest suburban bike trails.
Be sure to follow common sense rules of safety and courtesy when using the trail:
- Ride single file and keep to the right of the trail
- Stay in your own lane
- Give warning before passing left
- Always wear a helmet
- Obey all stop signs
- Trail is designed for a moderate recreational speed of 12 m.p.h.
- Bicyclist yield to pedestrians
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited on the trail
- Speed training and racing is prohibited
- Equip your bicycle with a headlight and reflectors for riding at night