The Clayson House Museum, was originally constructed in 1873 as a residence for George Clayson, a nurseryman who served on the Palatine Village Board. The restoration of the Clayson House was a bicentennial project undertaken by the citizens of Palatine Township and the Palatine Historical Society. The museum was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on March 21, 1979 and opened to the public on October 7, 1979.
The property was solely owned by the Palatine Public Library District from 1976-2024 when the Park District became the owner of the property. The Museum is home to the Palatine Historical Society. The Palatine Historical Society maintains the collection, offer programs, and welcomes visitors and groups who tour the Museum.
For tour and educational program information, call Clayson House Museum at 847-991-6460. For the most up to date information on Historical Society programs and event visit palatinehistoricalsociety.com.