The 2.2 acre fenced-in dog park is located at the Plum Grove Reservoir Park on Algonquin Road, south of Harper College and consists of separate large and small dog areas. The dog park season is January 2, 2023 through December 31, 2023. Registration is accepted year-round and forms can be downloaded online or obtained from Birchwood Recreation Center, Community Center, and Falcon Park Recreation Center.
Dog Park Hours
Open Daily from Dawn to Dusk (Closed Wednesdays from 7:00am until Noon for Maintenance)
Resident registration for 2023 dog park memberships will begin on December 1, 2022. All registrations must be accompanied by documentation of current vaccinations (rabies, DA2PP, bordetella, test for internal parasites). Fees are $49 for the first resident dog, and $10 for each additional dog up to a maximum of three dogs per household.
Non-resident registration for 2023 dog park memberships will begin on January 2, 2023. All registrations must be accompanied by documentation of current vaccinations (rabies, DA2PP, bordetella, test for internal parasites). Fees are $62 for the first non-resident dog, and $13 for each additional dog up to a maximum of three dogs per household.
$49.00 (first dog)
$10.00 (additional dogs, maximum of 3)
$62.00 (first dog)
$13.00 (additional dogs, maximum of 3)
Dog Park Rules
Please Note: For dog bites or any other emergencies, please call Harper Police at 847-925-6211.
- The dog park is to be used only by dogs registered with the Palatine Park District.
- To be registered, dogs must have current vaccinations (rabies, DA2PP, Bordetella, test for internal parasites) with documentation. Dogs must always wear appropriate registration and license tags.
- Registration is for the calendar year purchased. Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The dog owner agrees to assume full risk of any injuries, damage, or loss connected with or associated with the use of the dog park.
- A handler aged 16 or older must always be present and is solely responsible for the actions of their dog(s).
- Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the park. Handlers must always have a leash.
- Children must be at least 6 years of age and accompanied by a parent or guardian to enter the dog park.
- Aggressive dogs must be removed from the park immediately. Excessive barking is strongly discouraged.
- Dogs in heat (estrus) are not permitted in the park.
- Dogs under 4 months of age not permitted in the park.
- Cooperation between handlers is expected and required, including keeping order and enforcing dog park rules and Palatine Park District ordinances.
- Handlers must immediately pick up after their dog(s) and fill all holes their dog digs.
- No food meant for human consumption, or meals for dogs allowed. Dog handlers may give dog treats only to their dog.
- Handlers are limited to two dogs per visit.
- Infractions of any park rules may result in temporary or permanent revocation of a dog’s registration and the privileges to use the dog park.
- Contact the Harper Police Department in an emergency, dog bite, or dangerous behavior by a person or dog at 847-925-6211. Harper Police can be reached in a non-emergency situation at 847-925-6330 or can be sent a text to 847-350-1093.
Dog Park Location
Special Thank You To Our Dog Park Sponsor!