Palatine Trail is a bicycle, hiking, and nature trail which extends through the Palatine Park District. Combining paved trail with designated side streets, Palatine Trail provides access to schools, Harper College, neighborhood parks, Palatine Hills Golf Course, and several other northwest suburban bike trails.
- Ride single file
- Stay to the right on the trail
- Give warning before passing on the left
- Move off the trail when stopped
- Always wear a helmet
- Obey all stop signs
- Bicyclists should yield right-of-way to pedestrians
- Wear bright or reflective clothing when riding
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited on the trail
- When riding at night, equip your bike with a headlight and reflectors
- Trail is designed for a moderate recreational speed of 12 mph
- Speed training and racing are prohibited
- Where sections of the trail cross or run along roads, remember that traffic laws apply to cyclists.
Illinois Bicycle Safety Quiz Challenge
Test your bike safety knowledge! Discover relevant laws and best safety strategies for sharing the road successfully. Created by Ride Illinois, a nonprofit organization working statewide for better bicycling conditions. Online quizes are available for child bicyclists, adult bicyclists, motorists, and driver's education students.
Play in the Parks
Enjoy the following outdoor amenities throughout Palatine!
Disc Golf Course
Margareth Riemer Reservoir
Plum Grove Reservoir
* Fees apply.
** Winter only amenities.