Community Center, 250 E. Wood Street
- Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-7:00pm
- Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm
- Saturday, 8:30am-2:00pm
- Closed: May 29, July 4, September 4
- Closed at 11:00am: July 1-2
- Closed at 4:30pm: July 3
Drop-box in east parking lot accessible 24 hours a day.
Birchwood Recreation Center, 435 W. Illinois Avenue
- Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm
- Closed: May 29, July 4, September 4 (Pool will remain open on September 4)
Drop-box in parking lot accessible 24 hours a day.
Falcon Park Recreation Center, 2195 N. Hicks Road
- Monday-Friday, 7:00am-9:00pm
- Saturday, 10:00am-8:00pm
- Sunday, 11:00am-6:00pm
- Closed: May 29, July 4, August 19-25, September 4
Drop-box in parking lot accessible 24 hours a day.
Five Ways to Register
Make checks payable to Palatine Park District or provide credit card information (Visa/MasterCard/Discover). Full payment must be enclosed with registration. Do not send cash through the mail. No registration taken by phone.
- Online: Online registration is available for your convenience. Online registration is not available for some classes.
- Walk-In: Registration forms are processed in real time at Community Center, 250 E. Wood Street, Birchwood Recreation Center, 435 W. Illinois Avenue, or Falcon Park Recreation Center, 2195 N. Hicks Road. Registration hours vary base on facility. A receipt will be available at the time of registration.
- Mail: Mail registration forms and payment to Palatine Park District, Registration, 250 E. Wood Street, Palatine, IL 60067.
- Drop-Off: Place registration forms and payment in an envelope and drop off at Community Center, 250 E. Wood Street, Birchwood Recreation Center, 435 W. Illinois Avenue, or Falcon Park, 2195 N. Hicks Road. Drop-boxes in the parking lots are accessible 24 hours at all locations.
- Fax: Fax registration forms with complete credit card information to (847) 202-7317.
Special registration forms and separate payment are needed for the following:
- Affiliate Sports
- Dog Park
- Feet Fest
- PAFA Spirit
- Palatine Dance Company Audition
- Palatine Tiger Sharks Swim Team
- Turkey Trot
Special Needs & Inclusion Services
Palatine Park District does not discriminate against eligible residents for participation in programs on the basis of a disabling condition. Residents with special needs should notify staff when registering so that smooth inclusion may occur. In addition to the programs listed in our seasonal program catalog, the Park District also provides specialized services for people with disabilities through NWSRA. Those who are hearing impaired can call Illinois Relay Services at (800) 526-0857 for assistance in filling out registration forms.
Program Changes/Errors Disclaimer
Occasionally, there may be an error that appears in print or online regarding days, times, fees, or other information. When such errors occur, Palatine Park District will do everything possible to correct the situation promptly. Thank you for your patience and understanding when these situations arise.
If you are placed on a wait list for a class, and an opening becomes available, you will be contacted by the registration department. If you wish to be transferred to an alternate class or receive a refund, please complete a program transfer form and drop it off at the Community Center, Birchwood Recreation Center, or Falcon Park Recreation Center.
If a program does not reach its minimum number of participants seven days prior to the starting date of class, it may be canceled. Participants will be called and have an option of transferring to another class or receiving a refund.
Withdrawal & Refund Policy
To submit a refund request, an Application for Withdrawal Form must be submitted. Telephone requests will not be accepted.
- All approved refunds will be applied as a household credit unless otherwise requested on the Application for Withdrawal Form.
- If another form of refund is requested, a $5.00 processing fee will be applied.
- If requested, approved refunds will be made via check for cash or check payments, and will be refunded back to the original card number used for credit card payments. Please note, refunds via check take 14-21 days to process.
- Approved refunds of less than $10 will only be processed as household credits.
- Refunds are not given for special events or trips unless the event in canceled by Palatine Park District.
- Refunds are not given for passes or memberships.
Timing of Requests
- A full refund will be processed for approved requests received ten business days prior to the start of the program.
- Approved requested received less than ten business days prior to the start of the program, but still prior to the third class meeting, will be issued a refund of 50% of the registration fee. Program and other non-refundable materials will be deducted from the refund total.
A certificate from a physician is required for medical exceptions. Approved medical exception refunds will be prorated from the time the request is received. Medical exceptions cannot be processed after the class has ended.
Affiliates of Palatine Park District process their own refunds.
A full refund, minus the camp deposit, will be processed for refund requests received 10 business days prior to the start of the camp session. Approved requests received less than 10 business days before the start of a session, but prior to the third day of camp will be issued a refund of 50% minus the original camp deposit. Medical and special situation refund requests are subject to review (see Medical Exceptions above) and discretion of the Superintendent of Recreation. No refunds will be processed after May 19, 2017 for the 9 week camp.
Palatine Park District