The 5,667 ft., 18-hole, par 55 course includes Mach 3 baskets and 4’x10’ concrete tee pads. Newly updated tee signs indicating hole location, distance, and par were added in 2016. The course utilizes both sides of Margreth Riemer Reservoir including the highest elevation in Palatine, providing scenic, well-defined fairways through rolling open terrain, winding around two small ponds with a variety of elevation changes. Recent course changes include two alternate tee locations, and four alternate basket locations. The course is unsupervised and no reservations are needed. Bring your own discs.
- Open dawn to dusk daily, mid-April through early November or first snow.
- 18 Hole Disc Golf Course
- Concrete Tee pads with signs including hole location, distance and par
- Unique elevations
- Downloadable Scorecard
- Parking Lot
How Do You Play Disc Golf?
Disc golf is played much like traditional golf. Instead of a ball and clubs, players use a flying disc or frisbee. The disc/frisbee is thrown from a tee to a basket, which is the "hole". As a player progresses down the fairway, he or she must make each consecutive shot from the spot where the previous throw landed. Finally, the "putt" lands in the basket and the hole is completed. The object is to throw the disc/frisbee from the tee area to the target "basket" in the fewest number of throws.
Rules of Play
- Must start play on one hole.
- Players must tee off from the designated tee area. Be sure the players in front of you, and other park users are out of range.
- When playing a hole, the player farthest away from the basket throws first.
- The hole is complete when a players disc lands in the basket or chains.
- The player with the least number of throws on the last hole tees off first on the next hole.
- The spot where your previous throw has landed is called the "lie". To begin your next throw, your lead foot must be on or within 11 inches directly behind the lie. The other foot may be no closer to the hole then the lie. A run-up and natural follow through after release is allowed.
- Any disc that comes to rest above the ground (in a tree or bush) is considered an unplayable lie. The disc must be thrown from the lie on the ground directly beneath the unplayable lie (one stroke penalty).
Holes 11, 13, & 17
2021 Palatine Open PDGA Pro/Am C-Tier
Sunday, June 6, 2021
First • Danny Beauchamp, Chicago • -23
Second • Zack Finwall, Chicago Ridge • -16
Third • Thomas Malone, Lockport • -8
Fourth • Josh Graham, Oswego • -7
First • Christopher Diamond, Munster IN • -11
Second • Michael Rubinas, Park Forest • -7
Third • Aaron Alinowski, Hammond IN • -5
Fourth • Joseph Tomercek, Lombard • -1
First • Isalas Solano, Round Lake Beach • -4
Second • Oscar Amaya, Wheaton • -3
Third • Constantino Alivia, Hawthorn Woods • -3
Fourth • Bill Shaw, Hoffman Estates • -3
First • Joe Nicol, Lake Zurich • -5
Second • Jeff Varblow, Round Lake • +5
Third • Tony Looper, Lake Zurich • +7
Fourth • Douglas Miller, Park Ridge • +36
First • Ralph Randle, East Dundee • +3
Second • Ken Sherlock, Bensenville • +5
Third • Evan Fitzgerald, South Beloit • +8
Fourth • David Philips, Munster IN • +10
First • Conner Haenszel, Chicago • -11
Second • Joseph Cacciatore, Palatine • -8
Third • Patrick Larson, South Elgin • -1
Fourth • Elbert Houston, Bellwood • +1
First • Tim Burroughs, Lake Zurich • -10
Second • Zach Zambelli, Mundelein • -4
Third • Pete Morris, Buffalo Grove • -2
Fourth • Jeremy Bower, Woodstock • E
First • Dan Stone, Palatine • +3
Second • James Thompson, Wheeling • +8
Third • Dariusz Swider, Palatine • +9
Fourth • Jordan Fridley, Pingree Grove • +10
Front Nine Records
Women’s Junior (15 years & under)
- Lucy Methven (Age 10) – Score 57 (7/20/04)
- Mackie Williams – Score 73 (7/02/04)
Women’s Senior (16+ years)
- Marilyn Lund – Score 53 (4/17/04)
Men’s Junior (15 years & under)
- Tony Russo – Score 28 (6/08/07)
- Zak Krause – Score 35 (6/15/04)
- Graham Glau – Score 37 (8/13/14)
Men’s Senior (16+ years)
- Kenny Glassman – Score 20 (7/21/13)
- Christopher Schuele – Score 24 (6/21/04)
- Jimmy Ouimette – Score 29 (4/17/04)
Back Nine Records
Men’s Senior (16+ years)
- Alan Wagner – Score 20 (7/21/13)
Photos from Recent Disc Golf Tournaments
Disc Golf Course Location
Contact our Parks & Planning Department at 847.705.5140 with any questions. If you have questions about a District project, you will be transferred to the project manager.